Green Organic Farm(1st Stage) - Deadline extended to 3 June
The Hong Kong Girl Guides Association
Green Organic Farm(1st Stage)
(Note: The activity would be conducted in Cantonese)
- Through organic farming and increasing the awareness on environmental protection, to have an understanding about the United Nations "Sustainable Development Goals" (including "Sustainable Cities & Communities", "Responsible Consumption & Production" and "Climate Action"), to being changes to the society.
- Facilitates communication, cooperation and mutual support between participants, in order to establish a good social network and improve relationship with families.
1st stage: June - September 2019 (5 gardening sessions)
*2nd stage will be arranged from October 2019 to January 2020, please stay tuned for website update
HKGGA Headquarters (G/F, 8 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong)
$200 per stage per standard farm(size: 4 feet *3 feet) (Fee including borrowing of plot and tools, providence of seeds, organic fertilizers, organic pesticides and 5 gardening sessions)
ALL Members, including Happy Bees/ Brownie Guide / Girl Guide / Ranger Guide/ Golden Guide/ Guider (Please apply in Family/ Unit Basis)
*Participants must be accompanied by a family member/ Guider/ adult who is aged 18 years old or above.
Schedule for Gardening Sessions
|15 June 2019||15:00-17:00||HKGGA Headquarters|
|22 June 2019|
|6 July 2019|
|10 August 2019|
|7 September 2019|
Date: 15 June 2019 (Saturday) - Before the 1stGardening Session
Venue: HKGGA Headquarters
*Successful participants must send one representative to attend the briefing workshop to have better understanding on class regulations.
Gardening Experience Workshop
Priority will be given to participants from this activity. The workshop will be held on 7 September 2019 (Saturday)-before the 5th Gardening Session-at HKGGA Headquarters. Please stay tuned for website update.
Points to note before apply:
- The Farm is opened from 8:00am to 6:30pm, on every Monday to Sunday (Expect Public Holiday).
- Applications must be submitted in Family/ Unit basis by participants.
- Each Unit must send at most 2 representatives to attend all gardening session. One of the representatives must be family member/ Guider/ adult who is aged 18 years old or above.
- If there are spaces left after application deadline, HKGGA will contact all applicants about addition of farm. Each applicant can apply at most 3 farms.
How to apply:
Application Form should be submitted by Post or In-Person to The Hong Kong Girls Guides Association – Course Registration (Address: 8 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong) or register online (website: https://ocrs.hkgga.org.hk/CourseDetail.aspx?id=8767) on or before 3rd June 2019 (Monday).
Enquiry: Ms. Joey Cham (Tel: 2359 6815)