Happy Organic Farm - Low Carbon Diet Workshop (Close for application)
The theme of the workshop is to raise participants' awareness of the connection between the well-being of people, society and the environment. Participants will experience the different stages to bring food "from field to table", and treating their kitchen waste after enjoying a light meal. They will also be engaged in interactive activities such as food preparation, eating and post-meal waste treatment.
The workshop will be held in the "Green Hub", which is formerly known as the Old Tai Po Police Station and graded as Grade 1 Historic Building in Hong Kong. In 2010, the Development Bureau selected the Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) to revitalize the building into a "Green Hub" and provide a wide range of environmental and educational programmes to the public since August 2015.
|Date:||24 February 2018 (Saturday)|
|Time:||9:30a.m. – 12:00noon|
|Venue:||Green Hub, 11 Wan Tau Kok Lane, Tai Po, Hong Kong|
|Meeting and Dismissing time:||
Meeting Time: 8:45a.m.
Dismissing Time: 12:45p.m.
|Meeting and Dismissing Venue:||HKGGA Headquarters (G/F, 8 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong)|
ALL Members, including Happy Bees/ Brownie Guide / Girl Guide / Ranger Guide/ Golden Guide/ Guider
*Each application group should include one member (6 years old or above) and one family member/ Guider. Participants who aged below 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult family member/ Guider
*Priority will be given to participants of Happy Organic Farm
$20 per group
(Fee including entrance and coach fee of 2 participants)
|Quota:||15 groups (30 people in total)|
|Application Deadline:||31 January 2018(Wednesday) Due to overwhelming response, the event no longer accepts application|
Points to note before apply:
1. Transportation will be arranged for participants from Headquarter, HKGGA to the field site. Please state clearly on the application form whether transportation arrangement is needed.
2. Each application should include one member (6 years old or above) and one family member/ Guider. Participants who aged below 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult family member/ Guider.
3. Priority will be given to participants of Happy Organic Farm. The remaining applications will be handled on "First Come First Serve" basis.
4. Application without application form or payment will be regarded as unsuccessfully and will not be accepted.
5. Once your application is accepted, reimbursement will not be entertained except cancellation of class due to bad weather arrangement.
6. Participants should stay tuned for our website update for application result and activity reminder.
Application form and fee should be submitted by Post or In-Person to The Hong Kong Girls Guides Association – Programme Department. (Address: 8 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong) on or before 31 January 2018 (Wednesday).
*Only cheque payment is accepted (payable to: The Hong Kong Girls Guides Association).
Enquiry: Ms. Connie Lui (Tel: 2359 6815)